Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I was woken up wiht a shake from the flight attendant telling me that we were about to land at JFK international airport. The flight was compleatly full exept for row 38DEF, which happened to be my row. During the flight I was free to switch seats at will, checking out the view from behind the left wing, and laying down accoss all three to watch the in-glight movies and catch some shut-eye. We landed and before I knew it I was outside in the freezing cold in flip-flops and a tshirt trying to find my way north. All of the buses had left heading to boston so I decided to rent a car and drive up to Surry Maine, some 480 and 9 hours north. After paying an extra $70 because I am under 25 I took off in my brand spanking new Volvo S80 into the night through New York, Coneticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire finally arriving in Surry, Maine at 9:30am. After arriving and greeting my mother we jumped back in the car and drove to Ellsworth, MDI, and then back to Ellsworth for Brunch. In the evening we found ourselves contra dancing at College of the Atlantic late into the night. It was a full day, and though I am back home I still fell as though I am traveling. Maybe traveling is not about the destinations we make our way towards but the mentality of experience.

No comments: